December 22, 2016
Christmas Weekend Workouts for Team Z – and a look ahead to next week
No group run on Saturday at PRR. Not enough interest (almost no interest). NEW WORKOUT OPTION ON SATURDAY – PLEASE VOTE AGAIN, SAME POLL IS OPEN WITH PRR ANSWER REMOVED AND W&L (NEW) ANSWER INCLUDED.
- Please vote again…if you are not coming that is fine – but if I don’t see a response I will probably have the few who vote come to my house for free Cervelo day. 🙂
- [If you were following your training plans you would have noticed that Wed was a time trial on the track. I’m betting most did not do the workout so I’d like to take advantage of the opportunity (not having a group run) to help anyone who is interested.]
Check it out, what’s up for Team Z this weekend:
- Saturday Evening Team Z (and others who want to come) Christmas Eve Monuments Run at 11 PM- This is our feature workout for the weekend. If you can only go to one – please share your holiday spirit and Join Mark and Mary (links to their profiles below) at 11PM. Meet at the base of the steps to Lincoln Memorial. Check the details below
- Saturday Morning Track and or Technique Workout- W&L High School, 9:30 AM – check the details below
- Look ahead for next week (no bootcamp monday, yes run monday – etc)
Mark and Mary are hosting their annual Xmas Eve Monuments Run. This will be the 7th time we’ve done this and it’s been a Team Z tradition nearly as long. All are welcome – your Mom in town for the holidays, the kids who you’re letting stay up to see in Xmas Day, your dog who needs to run off some steam, the friends you run with on the weekends. We’ll have cue sheets for a 2-4 mile run/walk and we’ll all share in some food and drink afterwards.
- What: Seventh annual run/walk around the monuments on the Mall on Christmas Eve
- Bring: Hot chocolate or cookies or something nice to share with everyone. This is National Park land, so if you spike your drink, keep it discreet.
- When: Meet at 11pm, Christmas Eve (Friday, December 24th). Run starts at 11:15pm
- Where: Steps of the Lincoln Memorial
- Parking: Free and easy on Ohio Drive
The Mall at night is a truly magical place and what better way to celebrate doing what we love? Running and eating! See you there!
The interest in Saturday mornings run is pretty low. So I’d like to take advantage of the opportunity to accomplish the following…
A) let anyone who missed the time trial on WEd to make it up. Be there at 9:30 to warm up – we’ll start the 1 mile or 3.1 mile time trial at 9:45 as a group/mass start.
B) help anyone work on running technique who is interested. I will be there (I might twist the toe of another, but either way). If you just want to work on your running technique without loading on mileage – I’d really like the opportunity to help you with that. I am hoping that people who I don’t get to work with very often would be able to make it. Whether it is b/c your work hours, family commitment, or just that we live just about a moon away from you….
I’d like to keep it to an hour, or maybe a little more so please don’t be late. Dress warmer than you would on a winter run – there will be some standing around. So bring a balaclava, ski hat, ski gloves with hand warmers, and a super warm jacket. You can put these on and take them off as you wish. We will only be on the infield and or running around the track (or even just part of the track). You can shed to cool off, but if you don’t have the clothes to put on you could be miserable. Bring it if you have it!
- What: Time trial (or other track workout you’d like to make up), or technique session
- Bring: Warm clothes, gloves, pants, hats, things you can layer on and off. I mean ski jacket too…bring it all so you are comfortable if standing around
- When: warm up at 9 am – time trial starts at 9:15. Technique starts shortly thereafter
- Where: W&L High School
- Parking: Free and easy all around the school
Look-Ahead for next week
- No Sunday Group Workouts – Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
- Yes there is a Monday Run from PRR Arlington at 6:30, followed by happy hour at Applebees
- No Boot camp on Monday.
- Yes we have swim practices on Tuesday and Thursday
- Yes we will have spin on Tuesday at the Reston Association at 6:30 PM
- Yes we will have spin on Thursday in Arlington at Lyon Village at 6:30 PM
- There will be no spin at Bethesda Fresh Bikes on Tuesday
- No boot camps at all next week
- Track Practice is in question – more to come by Tuesday.