Please, please, please buy your tickets now. Help us plan. Kinetic is shaping up to be an awesome race! Tons of folks racing, lots of relays, potentially GREAT weather.
Only 37 people plan to drink a soda or beer this weekend? Remember please to “guestimate” number of sodas/beer you might partake for lunch or dinner with your meal. $1 per is about our cost, and we appreciate the help.
Link for Kinetic Ticket Sales: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lake-anna-kinetic-12-and-sprint-triathlons-tickets-16809685221
In this e-mail:
- Bring your (supervised) dog!
- New grub policy in effect
- Volunteers needed this weekend at Kinetic
- This weekend’s plan ”“ Kinetic 2014
- Bring your (supervised) dog!
General reminder about races and dogs”¦ we love love love dogs. I usually bring Mollie, Ed typically brings Zoe, we need to get Alexis one (and his/her name should probably be “Speedy”). But please, if you are racing you MUST plan on a dogsitter. That can’t be a coach or a cook- we can’t manage everything and watch your dog. And it’s a park ”“ so your dog will have to be on a leash at all times. I assume this goes without saying ”“ but your dog must be attended and that doesn’t mean tied up while you’re not paying attention. BE WITH YOUR DOG. We’ve seen dogs unattended, seen them tied to our trailers, tied to our tents, we’ve even seen a (frustrated) tied up dog bite someone. Use common sense please.
Having said my peace”¦ now I can say BRING YOUR DOG!
- New grub policy in effect ”“ online prepay ”“ sign up by COB on Wed, 5/7
Site Link for Kinetic Ticket Sales: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/team-z-grub-kinetic-2014-tickets-11509881365
New this year – instead of voting on a yahoo group poll to indicate your RSVP for a given meal at our races, we are now going to use event brite.
We ask that you “purchase” your tickets in advance. Tickets are available now until Wed May 6 at 9:00 PM. At that point the event is closed and we will begin to plan and shop for food. If you come to the race and did not purchase a ticket in advance – there is an additional $5 requested. Obviously – the goal is to ask everyone to be proactive and accountable in their planning.
You will “Purchase” tickets on line. You may choose to pay for those tickets through Event Brite using a debit or credit card (Pay Pal is NOT an option).
New this year, we will post a list of people who have ordered tickets for a given meal at the buffet line. The list will indicate if you have paid via the website Again, if you did not pre-purchase your tickets via event brite, you may still eat with us but there will be an additional $5 charge. We will have a facilitator at the races this year to help us with this new process.
You will be emailed e-tickets. You may bring them if you like, but it is not necessary as we will print out the list of names from the Event Brite Website.
There are fees associated with Event Brite. Each ticket is assessed at .99 + .025%. If you pay by ccard – you will pay a 3% fee to cover their charges.
THE FEES THAT ARE LISTED ON THE TICKET PRICE INCLUDE THE 3% CREDIT CARD FEE. So, if you choose to not pay by credit card you will have lower ticket price.
Don’t forget your drinks!
- Volunteers needed this weekend at Kinetic
We really appreciate everybody’s help at races. We can’t do it without you! Think of us as more of a CO-OP that way. We will not send a follow up e-mail to further organize volunteers, just show up when you can help and ask what needs to be done. We really always have something to do, so we appreciate it when people “just ask” whenever they feel like helping. We need help with the following tasks”¦
(after all times please include the term “ish”)
- Dishes”¦ all day, every day, there is always something to clean. J
- Friday Team Z village set-up ”“ 10:00 AM (?) to pretty much all day
- Friday night dinner prep ”“ 4:00 PM
- Saturday morning breakfast clean up ”“ 8:00 AM
- Saturday lunch prep ”“ 10:00 AM (or whenever folks get hungry) until the last racer is in
- Saturday dinner prep ”“ 4:00 PM
- Sunday breakfast clean up ”“ 9:00 AM
- Sunday lunch prep – 10:00 AM (or whenever folks get hungry) until the last racer is in
- Sunday Team Z village tear down and closing ceremony ”“ 3 pm, or whenever people are done (all hands)
- This weekend’s plan ”“ Kinetic
General tip as to how to approach Kinetic Does it feel like we JUST got outside after our horrendous winter? Well we did. Literally there have only been a few long weekend rides since the last time we had to cancel for bad weather. And only a few long weekend runs since our recovery period ended from our winter marathons and half marathons. It’s so early in the season that nobody is ready yet to “air it out” on race day. You’ll be ready for your “A” races in the summer definitely”¦ but you aren’t there yet. We need some more training miles under our belt to perform optimally. Everybody’s fitness is different and there was a wide variety of commitment levels over the winter so obviously I am generalizing here… but for many of you a great way to approach this weekend is to get all time goals out of your head”¦ just zone 2 it and treat it like a long weekend brick. Allow yourself to not be so “type A” with your time and pace goals and enjoy the weekend!
- Speed limit in the park: Is 10 mph on the park entrance road. We’ve only had 213 incidents of Z’ers learning this lesson the hard way ”“ they set up speed traps REGULARLY. Go painfully slow.
- Link to race website, where you should look for yourself: http://www.vtsmts.com/
- Location: Lake Anna State Park
- Address for Park/Race Site: 6800 Lawyers Road, Spotsylvania, VA
- Google Map for Park/Race Site: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=38.118757,-77.822857&hl=en&num=1&t=h&gl=us&z=13
- Traffic: It STINKS on 95 south on Friday. Bank on it. Come early or just plan on lots of traffic. If you are stuck in traffic on Friday night, you may want to just stop and eat on your own. We’ll close down grub around 8pm probably.
- Packet P/U Times: Half is Friday 3-7:30 PM and Saturday 5:30-6:30 AM (plan on long lines on Saturday!). Sprint is Saturday 5-7 PM and Sunday 7-8:30 AM (plan on long lines on Sunday)
- Packet P/U Address: at the race site
- Pre Race Meeting (not Z meeting, the race meeting): Friday at 6 PM is the big meeting for half folks, with a “day of “ pre race talk at 6:45 AM. Sprint folks- 6 PM on Saturday and 8:45 day of.
- Start Times: Half: Saturday, 7 AM. Sprint: Sunday, 9 AM
- Weather: 82-84 as a high, and 60 ish as a low each day. 30% chance of rain each day.
- Menu – (subject to change based on availability at restaurantdepot, especially dinners)
- Friday Dinner: Pasta, Cheese Tortellini, Marinara Sauce, Breaded Chicken Breast, Green Salad with dressing, Garlic Bread
- Saturday Breakfast: Pancakes, Bacon, Toasted Bagels, English Muffins, Assorted Fruit, Coffee
- Saturday Lunch: Pork Spareribs, Pork Tenderloin, Hamburgers, Chicken Breast, Pasta Salad, French Fries, Smoked Mixed Veggies
- Saturday Dinner: Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Baked Beans, Smoked Mac & Cheese, Cole Slaw, Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Sunday Breakfast: Pancakes, Bacon, Toasted Bagels, English Muffins, Assorted Fruit, Coffee
- Sunday Lunch: Pulled Pork, Pork Tenderloin, Hamburgers, Chicken, Fries, Smoked Mixed Veggies, Smoked Mac & Cheese, Cole Slaw
Team Z Itinerary for the Weekend ”“ grub paid for by buying tickets on the aforementioned website
- All day – Team Z Village Construction
- 3-7:30 PM – Half Packet Pickup
- 4:00 PM – Dinner prep begins
- 6:00 PM ”“ Race Director’s pre race briefing at race site
- 6:30 PM – Pre race transition walk through for first timers with Z Coach ”“ meet at Z tent – first timers encouraged to do this!
- 7:00 PM – Dinner is served (if you arrive past 8 plan on something else)
- 5:30 AM – Breakfast is Served
- 5:30-6:30 AM – Half Packet Pickup (plan on long lines)
- 6:45 AM ”“ Race Director’s pre race briefing at swim start
- 7 AM – Half Race Starts
- 10:30 AM – Lunch is served (whenever people start finishing the race or spectators get unruly)
- 4 PM – Dinner prep begins
- 5-7 PM – Sprint Packet Pickup
- 6 PM – Dinner is served
- 6:30 PM – Pre race transition walk through with Z Coach – meet at Z tent – first timers encouraged to do this!
- 7-8:30 AM – Sprint Packet Pickup (plan on long lines)
- 7:30 AM – Breakfast is served
- 9 AM – Sprint Race starts
- 11:00 AM – Lunch is served (whenever people start finishing the race or spectators get unruly)
- 3:00 PM – Team Z Village Tear Down (or whenever people stop hanging out). Help appreciated.