April 5, 2016
Miami Man is filling!
Miami Man is our season ender ”“ the big travel “A” race for this year. This is the first race we ever did as a team ”“ Nov of 2005. There are multiple races to choose from and the field is filling fast.
- International Distance Triathlon
- a Half Iron Tri
- a Half Iron Duathlon (run and bike only)
- Long Course Aquabike (swim and bike only) 1.2 swim, 56 bike
Registration Link: https://triregistration.com/reg2/Race.php?eventid=274
Or go to members.triteamz.com then files, then Race Calendar and Annual Planning resources.
I can’t get a straight answer from the Race Director ”“ but that is not unusual. All he is telling me about Miami Man is that he is 250% ahead of where he was this time last year for registration.
- Last year ”“ 801 registrants
- This year ”“ 606 registrants already.
- I did a quick scan and ended up with 25 Zrs entered for this year. We had closer to 50 say they were in so I’d say..
- IT’S TIME TO STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET AND ENTER!
Miami Man is not required ”“ but remember it is one of our season ending “A” races. The big travel race for the year. Everyone will be fit for it, even our Ironman Md people who will have raced just 6 weeks before. Think South Beach. November.
- For those who don’t want to miss work – Think that flights leaving Friday evening and then Sunday evening (8 pm) right now are $238 round trip Direct from BWI to Miami, return to Dulles.
- Leave on Thursday AM and return on Tuesday AM and enjoy a little extra time? Flights are $189 round trip from DCA direct to Miami.
- Race Site is 29 miles (37 min) from Miami South Beach
- Race Site is 35 miles (40 min) from North Key Largo
- There are more than a ½ dozen motel/hotels within 6-7 miles of the race.
- motel 6 for $70/night
- La quinta – $99
- Quality inn – $101
- South Beach Hotels
- 170-250/night and up. What else would you expect. You can get cheaper dumps ”“ I did once and it was”¦. A dump.
- But the Courtyard By Marriott is 193/night in South Beach ”“ not on the beach. Or Art Deco but there do seem to be some decent deals compared to what I expected.
- Or stay on North Key Largo ”“ This looks like it could be a great option.
- Azul Del Mar – $132/night
- Marriott Beach Resort – $215/nght
- Gilberts Resort (a bit cheezy ”“ but I think that’s what this could be all about. Cocktails and water is all you need! $159
- http://www.seafarerkeylargo.com/ 116/night
- High High End – http://www.oceanreef.com/ = way too much per night for this puppy but it looks sweet.