In this email:
- Local Scope It Out 5k
- Shamrock Race ”“ Sunday Yard Arm Cancelled (new info TBA)
- Shamrock Sunday Weather and Pre-Race Reminder ”“ BB&T parking lot
- Shamrock racers/spectators ”“ please email me answers to the questions
- Shamrock racers ”“ please let me know if this Race Roster is not correct
Those racing the Local Scope it Out 5k ”“ I want to wish each of you the best of luck. I will be reaching out to you shortly”¦
For Shamrock Race Weekend: The happy hour planned for the Yard House (on Sunday, after the race finish) is cancelled.
- In my head, I had the start time of the marathon and ½ marathon mixed up (the email is correct).
- This resulted in my scheduling the happy hour on Sunday to happen before several people on our team would have even finished.
After I receive your response to the questions at the bottom of this email I will communicate the final/appropriate time/location for the Sunday Post-Shamrock-HH/Grub.
For Shamrock Race Weekend: Sunday Weather and Pre-Race Reminder
You will have some time to wait before the race begins. Weather has improved a bit, temp 40 ”“ 5 am, 45 ”“ 11 am.
- But wind chill is still at 32 and 36 respectively.
- You are looking at sustained winds in the 20’s and gusts in the 30’s.
My suggestions (please build your own plan, let me know if you have a good idea I should share):
- Plan/drop appropriate post-race clothes with the official bag check before you come to Team Z HQ. This ensures access to what you need as soon as the race is over
- Pre-race I will have the best shelter I can provide to keep you/family/etc warm (I’ll be there 5:30-8:30). I will try to have something to nibble on to keep your tank topped off, and some coffee/etc to keep the bones warm.
- You should have your race gear on or with you, ready to roll when you are at our pre-race HQ. I would suggest you have ample clothing on top of your race gear to keep you warm as you walk to bag check, to our HQ, and back to the start line/wait for the start.
- You can wear whatever clothes you like. But plan to have a family/team member take these clothes with them from HQ OR plan to use old clothes and leave them at the start line (they will be donated to charity by the race).
For Shamrock Race Weekend: Spectators and Racers ”“ please answer the questions (send to me firstname.lastname@example.org ”“ not the entire list please)
- Please also send me your expected finish time. I’m going to attempt to track everyone. ðŸ˜Š
- Please let me know if you think I’m missing someone.
- Please let me know if you plan to be in town on Sunday after the race (staying until Monday); AND if you would like to come to a later afternoon team HH/Grub (probably 4/4:30, something like that).
- If you plan to come to the later afternoon Sunday HH/Grub ”“ how many people could be in your party? I will try to plan something appropriate, and let everyone know when finalized.
- If you are bringing a fellow Zr that is not racing (or are a Zr that is coming but not racing) ”“ please send me their/your names so I can track (coordinate if necessary)
- If you are brining family with you that is not racing ”“ please send me their names so I can track and try to be aware ”“ and possibly also coordinate
For Shamrock Race Weekend: Shamrock racers and/or teammates ”“ please let me know if this Race Roster is not correct
- 8k: Aaron Gibby, Anne Forney, Hallie Stiglitz, Leslie Tierstein, Megan Miller, Stacey Campbell
- 13.1: Chase Garwood, Debbie Pederson, Doug Powell, Howard Ehret, Kevin Sullivan, Scott Dowling, Sophie Dennison-Gibby, Stacey Campbell, Stephanie Seiberg, Tricia Kane
- 26.2: Brian Armstrong, Christy Wahle, Cliff Hamal, David Colman, David Stiglitz, Deb Ryan, Eileen Sullivan, Jamie Lockhart, Jason Tomasetti, Jessie Jessup, Lisa Camera, Lynisa Michalski, Matt Keller