October 30, 2018
Team Z 2018 Miami Man Weekend Itinerary
2018 Miami Man Team Z Itinerary
Overview: Race Site – Larry and Penny Thompson Park and Zoo 12451 SW 184th Street Miami, Fl 33177 Pavilion 2
- Coach cell: Ed Zerkle: (703) 200-3081.
- Packet Pickup – Larry and Penny Park
- Friday Bike Pick up – Larry and Penny Park
- Friday Team Happy Hour – Whiskey Joe’s Key Biscayne
- Friday Team Dinner – Whiskey Joe’s Key Biscayne
- Saturday Aquathon – Larry and Penny Park
- Saturday Bike Racking – Larry and Penny Park
- Saturday Team Z Picture, Pre-Race Brick and Practice Swim, Larry and Penny Park
- Saturday Dinner Team Picture: Monty’s in Coconut Grove (Private Tiki Hut)
- Saturday Happy Hour and Cheer Crew Meeting: Monty’s in Coconut Grove (Private Tiki Hut)
- Saturday Dinner – Monty’s in Coconut Grove (Private Tiki Hut)
- Team Z HQ – We will be just past the finish line. Sight line of bike out and in, transition, and back leg of the run course (same place he had us last time). I have two private Team Z port o Pots rented, and a 30 x 40 tent with tables and chairs.
- If I’m taking your bike home for you, bring it to me before you leave the venue (after the race on Sunday). I will be at the HQ
Drinks and Dinner at Whiskey Joe’s on Friday: Plan is to take the poll results and call the restaurant for reservations. Some will only happy hour, some will do both, some will do neither – please vote on the poll (event brite).
- Drinks from 4:30 – 6:00 Ish
- Seating for dinner at 6:00 Ish
- 3301 Rickenbacker Causeway, Key Biscayne, Fl 33149
To get a private room set aside, the event’s people wanted me to guarantee 2k in sales. So. We are not doing that. I called the restaurant on Tuesday and they said that you could probably just show up and get seated at 6 on a Friday. My suggestion is that you guys vote on the poll, and I’ll call a few days out to give them a heads up about putting some tables together *but not all together*. I do not want this to become a big deal, cool? The place is HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended for a chill burger/bar food type place. So, if you want to come for happy hour and then roll out on your own, that’s cool too.
Team Pre-Race Dinner at Monty’s on Saturday: Must purchase your tickets on event brite by Tuesday 11/6 at 6:00 PM
- Drinks from 5:00- 6:00, Picture at 5:45, Dinner at 6:00
- $36 per includes everything (tax, tip, room rental)
- 2550 S Bayshore Drive, Miami Fla 33133
- Private Tike Bar Rented
House Salad with assorted dressings
- Spaghetti with olive oil, garlic and parsley.
- Sauce options: Marinara or Alfredo.
- Toppings: Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Mojo Marinated Chicken Breast
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries/French Fries Combo
- Key Lime Tarts
- Water, Soda, Tea, Coffee included
- Cash Bar
Team Z Weekend Itinerary, Suggestions only. As Always – our itineraries are suggestions only. This is your race – you may enjoy it how you wish! You earned it!
Friday November 9
- 9:00-2:00 PM pick up your bike from me: I’ll be at the HQ setting up – I may be there “all day” – but I’m promising you I’m there from 9-2:00.
- Suggested to meet for 4:30 PM drinks at Whiskey Joe’s, Key Biscayne:
- Suggested to meet for 6:00 PM dinner at Whiskey Joe’s, Key Biscayne:
Saturday November 10
- NO TEAM Z BREAKFAST ON SATURDAY
- Team Z Bike Pickup 9:00 AM until 1:30 PM
- Aquathon packet pickup – 9:00 – 10:00 AM
- Packet Pickup and Bike Racking 10:00 AM to 4PM (for half/half aqua/half du and International). Do packet pick up right at 10 am, you need your band to enter transition and rack your bike/practice swim.
- Aquathon race start 11:00 AM
- Team Z Pre Race Brick – 11:00 AM – 10 min or so bike. 11:15 10 minute or so run. Bike Check in at 11:30. 10-minute Practice Swim at 12:00.
- Team photo op BEFORE the aquathon awards at 12:45
- Aquathon Awards at 1:00 PM
- Team Z Lunch Served from 11:00 until 1:00 at our HQ
- 5:00 PM Team Picture at Monty’s in Coconut Grove (Private Tiki Hut)
- 5:45 PM Team Picture at Monty’s in Coconut Grove (Private Tiki Hut)
- 6:00 PM Team Dinner at Monty’s in Coconut Grove (Private Tiki Hut)
Sunday November 11
- Suggested: 3-4:00 AM – WAKE UP! IT’S RACE DAY!
- Transition Opens at 4:45 AM
- Transition Closes at 6:20 M
- Team Z Breakfast Ready: 5:00-9:00 AM
- Half Du Race Start: 6:30 AM
- Half and Half Aquabike Race Start: 6:35 (see wave start list)
- International and International Aquabike Race Start: 8:00 AM
- Team Z Lunch from 10:30 ish until we leave
- International Awards at 1:00 PM
- Half Awards 2:30 PM
- Course closes at 3:30 PM
If your bike is riding with me – Please bring me your bike when you finish the race at the HQ (or have your Sherpa do so). Please have them place it IN MY HANDS or do not leave it at all. I will not be financially responsible for any bike that is left laying around. I will take them, tag them, and then LOCK THEM. I must have bikes by shut down. I will leave for home on Sunday night.
I do not have plans for a mobile cheer crew. There are so many things happening at the race site there is just a much a chance to see everyone by walking just a couple hundred yards from our HQ. Sitting in the shade, you should be able to see TA, Bike out and in, and runners on the run course. You’ll have to get up and walk to the swim, and to the finish. If you want to mosey out of the park in a car – I don’t have experience or a plan at this point. Reach out if interested in helping to plan and LEAD something.